ED3 Friendly Beef Curry
- 1 tbls coriander ground
- 1 tbls cumin, ground
- ½ tbls turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tbls grated ginger
- Juice from 1 lemon and rind
- 1 diced onion.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbls coconut oil
- 600g chuck steak, extra lean
- 1 ½ cups broccoli, cut into chunks
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 litre beef stock
- Combine first seven ingredients to form a paste with a little water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs coconut oil in a large pan.
- In batches brown the beef.
- Take out of pan or move to one side.
- Add spice paste and cook for a minute.
- Add diced onion and crushed garlic and cook until soft and transparent in spice.
- Put beef back into the pot and stir to coat with the spice paste.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Now reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 1½ hours.Beef will be tender.
- Remove lid, add coconut water and let the sauce thicken slightly.
Serve on mashed cauliflower.
To serve, garnish with shredded mint and a lemon cheek.
- Follow the first 8 steps as above
- transfer to crockpot and add half a litre stock and half a cup of coconut water.
- Set on high for 2 hours, reduce to low and come back end of day to a superb beef curry.
Serve as above.
If there is any left, allow the curry to cool before storing in containers in the freezer.