- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger plus 1/4 cup julienned fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons cold pressed olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan rock salt or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large scallions (or 6 small), trimmed
- 1/2 cup green apple chunks, large pieces chopped smallish, steamed – still firm not pureed.
- 1/4 cup home made organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, soaked and dried
Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Toss with coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes (or longer, or overnight, in the refrigerator).
Thinly slice white parts of scallions. Julienne green parts; set aside. Stir together apple pieces, broth, and garlic in a small bowl.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a wok (or 12-inch nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and julienned ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes. Add scallion greens and apple mixture; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Transfer to shallow bowls with hot riced cauliflower. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
The benefits of ginger and it’s uses are myriad.