Ingredients – serves 4-6
2tbsp cold pressed olive oil 750gm lean lamb, cut into 2cm cubes 2 onions into segments 2 garlic cloves. chopped 3 celery sticks, sliced handful, fresh thyme and parsley 350gm butternut pumpkin - or any otherkinned and cut into cubes juice and grated rind of a lemon or a lime Himalayan rock salt or sea salt. 6 baby pattypan squash halved crossways 100gms runner beans, quartered 3 zucchini, chunked 2 egg yolks 200ml thick coconut milk/cream
- Heat the olive oil and brown the lamb ( seal it) in two batches. Do this either in a flameproof casserole or in a slowcooker insert. This will take around 4 minutes per batch, turning often to seal on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic, celery and herbs, cooking over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add Pumpkin, 1 cup of water, rind of lemon/lime, seasoning. Cook 2 minutes.
- Return lamb to pan. If in a casserole dish, simmer 30 minutes. If in a slow cooker begin to slow cook on high for two hours then reduce heat. o not put softer vegetables in at this point.
- In another pan, steam squash, bean and zucchini for 3 minutes. Refresh in cold water and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks, salt, and coconut cream in a bowl, then pour into casserole – tilting pan to mix but don’t stir.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes or until liquid is creamy.
- Add refreshed vegetables, reheat 2-4 minutes and serve.
- I serve this with “riced” cauliflower. Mmmmmmmmm.