nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute onion several minutes, then add garlic, then add mushrooms and saute until everything is soft and juicy. Add a bit of tamari, and stir in thyme, parsley, sage, and cashews. Turn off the heat; set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400*. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the pie crust dough until less than 1/4-in thick. Cut dough into 6-in rounds.
4. On each round, place a little half-moon of filling, leaving a generous margin (see photo). If desired, sprinkle a spoonful of nutritional yeast over the filling. Fold crust over and seal the semi-circle by pressing gently around the edges first with fingers, then with fork tines. Also poke the pies in the middle a few times with a fork.
5. Place pies on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tops of pies begin to brown. Makes about 8 pies