Mushroom, Leek and Potato Frittatta
|1tbs olive oil||1 spring onion, thinly sliced|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed||8 eggs|
|400gm Nicola or new potatoes – peeled, cut into 1cm cubes||Ground pepper, to taste|
|500gm button mushrooms, sliced||Himalayan rock salt, or sea salt – to taste|
|1 large leek, sliced finely||Spring onion – extra sliced for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced
- Grease a 20cm x 20cm square baking dish
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick frying pan. Saute garlic over medium to high heat until golden brown
- Turn heat down to medium and add potato cubes. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and leek slices. Saute until vegetables are softened and golden brown.
- Add spring onion, stir to combine and heat through.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs lightly in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Add sautéed vegetables to eggs and pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven 20-30 minutes or until firm when touched in the middle.
- Cut into slices and serve. Sprinkle with extra sliced spring onion is desired.
Serves 6. Based on 6 serves, 673 kj/161 cal; protein 10.9g; fat 7.9g; saturated fat 2g; carb 10.4g; sugars 1.3g; fibre 2.5g; sodium 77mg; GI medium
To boost the carb load serve with gluten free grainy bread.